Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Signature Boy Style - Gangsta Boy

Signature style.

How do you even begin to put a label on it? I've had a really hard time every season trying to articulate "my" style.

With the help of my amazing blogger friends, I was able to pinpoint at least a term to my style. 

If you can't guess it, you can maybe check out my last post

HIPSTER

I love trendy, boho, pop, emo, I just love fashion in general. Would I wear all of them? NO. My wardrobe is full of comfy knit shirts and jeans and hoodies and I rarely deviate from that look. Not to mention that I only wear one pair of shoes. Which are basically dead and this is the time that I freak a little about having to shop for some new ones.

When it comes to dressing my kids, I'm a little all over the place. We can start off with my boys.
Gavin's wardrobe is pretty full of button ups and skinny jeans. I love the skater look for him. And I really wish he would let me grow out his hair again. :(  

Here's Judes newest outfit. I'm calling it "Gangsta Boy".



The shirt is an upcycle of  2 of my brothers old shirts......I think....it could have been my sisters boyfriends.....I really don't remember. I drafted my own pattern for it and did some colorblocking on the front and back. 




The Blazer is the Drew Blazer from Cali Faye Patterns. It was extremely fast and easy to sew up. I did add welt pockets. One on each side, since it's reversible. I used the same fabric for both sides and I made it in a very bright blue. It will match a lot of his clothes! 





As for the pants. I am in love with this fabric. I made Jude a pair of skinny jeans out of it last year and well, he's probably going to get a pair every year (or every other year since I don't have too much left!) until I'm out of it. I also have a confession with these pants. I was going to make up a pair of black Chillax pants for him, cause I just can't get enough of those, but then I saw Diorella's entry on the link up and I couldn't resist trying her pattern out with this fabric! She graded the pattern to have 3 sizes (3m, 6m, and 12m) as well as an adorable little button up shirt in the same sizes. I did add half an inch to the legs, since Jude is 15 months old and more on the lanky side. If you can't tell, I'm in love with these little pants, so go check out her pattern!


 I also copied See Kate Sew's zipper idea for that pop of blue in the back. Brilliant idea, seriously!

Last, but not least, is the little hat. I just used knit, cut out a square I thought was roughly the size of Jude's head and added a 2" band at the bottom. I should have made it bigger, but hey, it still does fit and will be great for the oncoming colder months! 


So, there's my "Boy" Signature Style. Stay tuned for my girls look!

3 comments:

  1. Fun, fun & comfy for this little boy. Doesn't everyone have a boy style & a separate girl style?
    http://xoxograndma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it weird that I want that outfit in my size? AMAZING JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete